Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My First Major Trek

The first, what do you think when you encounter the word " first ". Planning the climb is not so important for me at that stage. Don't know what to bring don't know what bag to use. Two highland school bag i connect it so it become one.
We start our trek at 8:00 am at the Bidjao Jump-off at Dauin, Negros Oriental. We are 9 trekkers in a team. I am the one who lead in the trek, i don't feel any nervous however i fell excited.

I used jean for my trek shoes, not bad not really a mountaineer at that time :D. But i brought a gloves, my wind breaker is no good it easily get wet. Jacket that easily get wet is no good for Mt. Talinis. We arrived at Lake Yagumyum at lunch time, we set our cook set and have a 45 min lunch break.

After that, we started our trek to Yagumyum to Nailig trail. Arrived at the Lake Nailig can't recall the exact time i think we arrived 4 pm.

Worse thing happen to me, lol. Attempting to jump on a canal of the lake. But i did not get it i fall at the canal that the water is leveled at my waist my backpack gets wet and also the things inside it. My warm cloths get wet. Im not prepared at that time i am not seminar yet. My purpose in climbing at that time is just a go with the people, not a good purposed of a good mountaineer.

That was a lesson i've learn on that climb, i never ever wrapped my thing in a trash bag. :)

1 comment: